When first starting my business I wasn’t sure how much to open up to the public. It was kind of a scary thought. For a while I have had doubts about myself, not necessarily about Chad and I as a team. I always beat myself up and fear failure. As I have said before when you fear doing something (especially when it could be beneficial) you should hold on tight and just do it. During our mentoring session with Katelyn James she mentioned that we should announce our dreams publicly. She brought up that we need to talk about our dreams even if they are crazy ones because if you just keep them private you are losing out on opportunities to make your dreams come true.
So, I am ready to get over my fear and announce these wild and crazy dreams…..
1. We want to shoot weddings/engagements/bridals..basically anything to do with a wedding day! We are currently rebranding our business to specialize in this area and I really want to succeed!
2. One day I (Amanda) want to teach! Ever since high school I have always enjoyed teaching others so one day I want to be able to pay forward what other photographers (such as Evan Sturgill , Katelyn James, and Kaitlin Hebert) have taught us. Us doing mentoring sessions would be amazing but we have a long way to go!
3. To pay off all of our debt. To be debt free would give us both such an amazing feeling and give us so many more opportunities to grow our business. We would also love to add on to our current home or be able to afford a home with more room! I totally love our cozy little home but we are busting the seams already!
4. We would love to be able to shoot destination weddings! We both love to travel and whether it be in the US or not in the US we would be thrilled! Dream locations are Colorado (favorite place), Arizona (Sedona is beautiful), Hawaii, California (oh Yosemite and the mighty Sequoias), Martha’s Vineyard (for the nautical love in my soul and one of my favorite things are LIGHTHOUSES – what a beautiful backdrop that would be) , Ireland, Switzerland, and Italy..(oh Venice!). It would also give me the opportunity to overcome my fear of flying! haha Any takers??! :)
5. To go sailing! :) I love the water and have always wanted to do this!
6. To go to a Katelyn James Coaching Reunion, United and P31! If we get the opportunity to make it to the Coaching Reunion we would love to meet up with some photographers in the area or schedule some sessions maybe at Williamsburg or the Grand View Preserve! That would be amazing! I have always wanted to go to P31 and we would love to make it to United. Hoping to get the chance soon.
7. To shoot a proposal! :) Planning a special proposal!?! Anyone proposing during the upcoming holidays?? We would love to capture it!!